CLEANING AND CARE
To maximize the life of your Kriega pack regular cleaning is recommended
- Empty your pack, open any zips, remove any detachable pockets or straps and remove the inner waterproof white liner if fitted (models with DP Drypack feature) Brush off any loose dirt or debris.
- Wash by hand in lukewarm water using a mild soap and a clean sponge. For stubborn or ingrained stains and marks use a soft brush such as a nailbrush or toothbrush. This can be done in a bathtub or large sink; it is not a problem to fully submerge the pack. Do NOT machine wash, iron, use detergents, chemicals or bleaches, as these will damage the fabrics.
- Rinse with clean warm water ensuring all traces of soap are removed.
- Dry by hanging upside down with openings and zips left undone in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors but always away from direct sunlight. NEVER tumble dry or force dry e.g. on a radiator or cooker. To help speed the drying process, gently wipe the inside including pockets, with a clean dry towel.
- Ensure your Kriega pack is fully dry before storing.
- Store in a well-ventilated, dry and dark space.
- Store by hanging or lying flat. Do not leave folded or crushed.
- Do NOT hang backpacks from shoulder straps when not in use.
- Regularly clean your Kriega product (see above).
- Never leave in direct sunlight when wet or damp.
- Do not overfill your Kriega pack.
- Periodically clean and lube zips to ensure smooth operation and long life.
- If DP Drypack liners or stained or damaged replacements are available HERE
- A range of replacement parts are available HERE but if you require a part that isn’t available we may have it so do send us a message firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Plug-N-Play™ connect system needs a little bit of care to keep your adventure going. We recommend that silicone, glycerin, or beeswax-based lubricants be applied to the o-ring on the hose end fitting. Apply a small smear on the o-ring -Do not use petroleum-based lubricants, or olive oil, coconut oil, or any other types of cooking oil as they cause the seal to swell, and will make the system sticky and hard to release.
- Hydrapak reservoirs are top shelf dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.